JNT Consulting LLC is seeking an experienced Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator
Position: Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator
Location: South Carolina
Oversees and maintains the daily activities of Pyxis, HBOC-Star, Care Manager, First Data Bank and ParRx software. Performs testing and upgrades on all software as well as maintaining formulary on all systems. Install and maintain Pysix and Care Manager. This position primarily interacts with adults but prepares pharmaceuticals for all ages and pro-vides direct patient care. All staff members must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to meet the physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related needs of the persons in the assigned work area.
1. Bachelors or Pharm D Degree in Pharmacy
2. Must be registered with the state of South Carolina Board of Pharmacy
3. Three years experience in an institutional pharmacy practice as required
4. An excellent working knowledge of computer software, including but not limited to CERNER, HBOC Star Pharmacy, Microsoft Office and Pyxis, Inc. is essential
5. Must also understand the mechanics of Pyxis Systems hardware
6. The PSC shall also have an understanding of the billing and accounting systems of an institution focusing on Medicare and Medicaid as primary third party payers
7. Must have general working knowledge of electronic equipment and telephone systems is also essential Physical requirements are primarily related to the essential functions of any job
8. Must be able to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, talk, see and hear
9. Must be able to lift or exert energy up to 10 pounds 75% of the time and up to 25 pounds 25% of the time
10. Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) is required
11. Must possess the ability to deal with many high-pressure situations simultaneously
12. Must possess the ability to read and understand very complex instructions or correspondence
13. Must have the ability to affectively present information to questions from groups, patients, families, other employees and medical staff
14. Must possess the ability to work with complex mathematical concepts related to probability, statistical inferences and to apply these concepts to practical situations
15. Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
16. The ability to deal with concrete and abstract concepts and interpret verbal, nonverbal and Written instructions is required
17. Requires frequent prolonged sitting, standing or walking
18. Must be able to lift considerably heavy supplies and equipment
1. Performs Pyxis exception report charges on a daily basis
2. Adjusts formulary products daily as needed to capture charges
3. Acts as liaison between Pharmacy and Third Party Audits to assure the accuracy of pharmacy patient charges, and makes adjustments as needed
4. Acts as liaison with Information Systems (IS) and completes software testing for HBOC Star on a monthly basis and reports errors and inaccuracies to the IS department
5. Acts as coordinator/troubleshooter for CERNER, Pyxis systems, including software and hardware.
6. Functions as liaison between pharmacy and First Data Bank drug information systems to assure completeness and accuracy of software updates
7. Attends Nursing Administrative Counsel (NAC) as needed to help identify and solve nursing-pharmacy issues
8. Orders wholesale pharmaceuticals and supplies on a daily or as needed basis according to the availability of purchasing agent
9. Operates on a needed basis for staffing needs in the Cancer Center and Hospice services
10. Operates on an as needed basis for staffing needs in the central pharmacy as well as clinical applications
11. Functions in the development and refinement of clinical application programs for the pharmacy and pharmacists
12. Provides after hour support with Pharmacy Information Systems with IS
13. Maintains reports generated through spooler
14. Responsible for training an individual to fill in when out on vacation, sick leave, etc.
Works primarily in a pharmaceutical setting with light to medium traffic
Compensation: DOE (Depending on Experience)
Salary + Benefits
Please submit your resume in word file and must indicate the position code: JNSC-090609 on your subject line and attach your resume.
To submit your resume please email to: email@example.com with Code: JNSC- 090609
All qualifying candidates will be interviewed by telephone for screening purposes. Succeeding steps will follow to those who will become strong candidate for the position.
Inquiries about the status of an application are discouraged. When your qualification will not match to all of the requirements of this position, your Resume will be put in our active database for future consideration of any employment opportunity. Thank you.
# # #