JNT Consulting LLC is seeking an experienced Documentation, Clinical Coding and Compliance Coordinator
Position: Documentation, Clinical Coding and Compliance Coordinator
Location: South Carolina
• Responsible for coding compliance and documentation functions of the department.
• The position primarily interacts with adults and does not provide direct patient care. All staff members must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related needs of persons in the assigned work areas.
• Associate Degree in nursing with inpatient coding experience
• Three (3) years of clinical experience or an Associate Degree with designation of RHIA, RHIT or CCS credential
• Three (3) years of coding experience
• One (1) year of inpatient coding experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Supervisory experience and experience in developing and conducting staff and physician educational programs preferred
• Physical requirements are primarily related to the essential functions of any job. In order to perform the essential functions of this position you must be able to sit, walk, stand, use your hands, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, talk and hear
• Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret complex scientific, clinical and business journals, financial reports, clinical and legal documents
• Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, staff, physicians, and members of the business community
• Ability to write persuasive correspondence, speeches and articles for publication.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, large public groups, physicians and boards of directors
• Maintains a working knowledge of ICD9 and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, protocols and third party requirements regarding billing and clinical documentation for all patient types.
• Coordinate and conduct chart reviews of all patient types ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and all governmental rules and regulations.
• Provides follow up educational sessions and information to physicians, coding staff, etc. based on the findings of the audits.
• Reviews charts selected by the RAC to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and all governmental rules and regulations.
• Identifies target areas and provides education to physicians, coding staff, etc based on the findings of the audits.
• Concurrently reviews inpatient records to identify areas of incomplete documentation.
• Develops and maintains a close working relationship with physicians and other clinicians to assure as full an understanding of documentation and coding guidelines as possible.
• Develops and interprets reports to assist in the review and analysis of the documentation and coding patterns of providers.
• Serves as a resource with regard to clinical documentation as it relates to the rules of ICD9 Diagnoses and Procedure Codes, CPT Codes and modifiers to ensure accurate reimbursement for services rendered.
• Provide operational direction to department staff in the absence of Director, Associate Director and Coding Manager.
• Moderate noise and light traffic in a busy office environment and on nursing units with numerous guests, including patients, physicians, auditors, department heads and stressful emergency situations.
Compensation: DOE (Depending on Experience)
Salary + Benefits
Please submit your resume in word file and must indicate the position code: JNSC-090602b on your subject line and attach your resume.
To submit your resume please email to: email@example.com with Code: JNSC- 090602b
All qualifying candidates will be interviewed by telephone for screening purposes. Succeeding steps will follow to those who will become strong candidate for the position.
Inquiries about the status of an application are discouraged. When your qualification will not match to all of the requirements of this position, your Resume will be put in our active database for future consideration of any employment opportunity. Thank you.
# # #