"We salute the President of the United States in taking a brave stance on supporting the trusting and strong commitment among LGBT individuals, and between one another. His personal views will be politicized regardless but he will stand tall among others" ~ JNT Consulting Global Resources
Other individuals who believe to the strength of commitment among loving people of LGBT community, they support Gay Marriage.
The community of LGBT has been gradually earning acknowledgement in the main stream American society. Many American communities with affiliation to various ethnicity have LGBT members, family members, friends, colleagues, classmates and acquaintances who belong to the LGBT communities.
The desire to marry by consenting, loving and dedicated adults within the LGBT community is something that need to be praised. There is a commitment between two people who love each other beyond tangible objects and physical desires. It is obvious based on many stories that were presented in many forms of media that a bigger scope of communities have embraced the LGBTs. They deserve to be acknowledged and be considered in equal treatment like any other couples (heterosexual) who are accepted by any society.
Countries with Legalized Same Sex Marriages:
1. 2001 - The Netherlands - The law came into effect on 1 April 2001
2. 2003 - Belgium - King Albert II signed and promulgated the bill, took effect on June 1, 2003
3. 2005 - Spain - Cortes Generales Passed and took effect on July 3, 2005
4. 2005 - Canada - Received Royal Assent on July 20, 2005
5. 2006 - South Africa - Parliament of South Africa legalized and took effect on November 30, 2006
6. 2009 - Norway - The King of Norway, Harald V, granted royal assent, and took effect on January 1, 2009
7. 2009 - Sweden - Swedish Parliament passed, and took effect on May 1, 2009
8. 2010 - Portugal - President Aníbal Cavaco Silva ratified the law and took effect on June 5, 2010
9.2010 - Iceland - The Icelandic Althing Approved, took effect on June 27, 2010
10. 2010 - Argentina - President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner signed into law on July 21, 2010
Other Countries with Same Sex Marriages:
1. 2010 - Mexico City, Mexico - Same-sex marriage signed into law by Head of Government Marcelo Ebrard, was effective on March 4, 2010
2. 2012 - Alagoas, Brazil - Same-sex marriage was recognized on January 6, 2012
United States with Same Sex Marriages:
1. Massachusetts - effective May 17, 2004
2. Connecticut - effective November 12, 2008
3. Iowa - effective on April 3, 2009
4. Vermont - effective on September 1, 2009
5. District of Columbia - effective on December 18, 2009
6. New Hampshire - effective January 1, 2010
7. New York - effective on July 24, 2011
Today, our society is shifting culturally with more open mindedness. Traditions are important as they provide historical foundations of current practices. However, newer faces of society need to evolve and get accepted in order to enrich greater cultural landscape. Let's not forget that people from various backgrounds make up the evolving society that create new generational customs, traditions and practices that will be handed to the generations to come. This is true in any level of society in any part of the world.
Same sex marriage is not a taboo, it is a social acceptance to become a better part of our society. Same sex individuals who are passionate in their relationship, loving and demonstrate mutual commitment can validate their relationship strength through marriage. They too, demonstrate economic capabilities, have strong values, responsible and ethical, many have demonstrated exceptional abilities in raising a family through child adoption and raise their children with passion, care and nurturance as real parents. They deserve societal acceptance like their heterosexual counterparts.
Mr. President, your demonstrated acknowledgement that same sex couples should be able to marry is a big moral support to the LGBT community. The community of LGBT will be indebted to your personal courage and evolution of principles. Our organization supports same sex marriage for the LGBT community.
We like to hear about your insights. You can email your comments to: email@example.com or share them in the provided comments field at the end of this article.
About JNT Consulting
JNT Consulting Global Resources offers professional consulting in human capital and resources management, provides workforce solutions that will achieve the "High Performance Organization" regardless of size and location.
JNT Consulting has its headquarters in San Jose, California and is "Your Partner for Growth & Development”, “Your Professional Coach”, and “Your Provider of Global Resources”. You can contact us by calling +1 650 241-3207 or visit our website.