credit: HR Review-UK 12Jun22
The above data may be a sampling and random response from individuals. However, it provides a behavioral insight and facts regarding factors that influence poor productivity in the workforce environment.
Any organization with the above issues is facing a great problem within.
1. The three items that were randomly surveyed are symptomatic on how inefficient the organization where respondents are working.
2. There are bad apples in the composition of organization.
3. The bosses are not fit to be managers of people.
4. There is no optimization of workforce capabilities to their job responsibilities.
What employees can do?
1. Show active listening to your negative co-worker. Then approach it with positive behaviors that influence negativity to become positive. Demonstrate good modeling of positive attitude.
2. Demonstrate leadership that will make your Boss realize how bad he/she is. Show results and emphasize on R.O.I. of your efforts.
3. Creativity and ingenuity will open doors of opportunity. Challenge yourself with other options to create new dimension about your role. Think strategically and demonstrate that attitude for better opportunities.
What employers should do?
1. Influence the behaviors of negative workforce by identifying the causes of these behaviors.
2. Create and implement an advanced development program for managers with a focus on management of people and efficiency
3. Skills of workforce must be matched with their responsibilities in order to accelerate higher productivity and avoid high turnover as caused by boredom.
4. Assess all areas of your business and leverage results and return on investments
5. Become a High Performance Organization
Read some thoughts from the following links of articles: