JNT Consulting LLC is seeking an experienced Patient Care Manager
Position: Patient Care Manager
Location: Northern Illinois
About the Environment of the Opportunity:
Working at this facility is special. Their “hello principle" or “elevator etiquette" provide a positive, caring and patient-focused environment. The operating practices and core standards of behavior (attitude, communication, ownership, commitment to co-workers, and prompt response) create the culture and guide every journey to excellence. Working within such a supportive system allows every staff to use their talents to the fullest.
The hospital is a stand-alone same day surgery and treatment center, and several locations for imaging and patient therapy. Although the system has grown overtime, both hospitals have been part of Lake County for over 100 years.
As surrounding medical centers discontinued inpatient Behavioral Health Services, the center embraced its position as the sole service provider in Lake County. With sustained experience, our team of independent psychiatrists and psychologists, nurses and other care professionals have a unique understanding of how to help people of all ages manage personal crises. The hospital is also the sole provider in Lake County for inpatient rehabilitation. Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) signifies that the facility's treatment programs meet rigorous internationally recognized standards for inpatient rehabilitation. Our role in Lake County as a center specializing in inpatient Behavioral Health, inpatient Rehabilitation and Corporate Health services was established in July of 2005 when all acute services were relocated to the Medical Center.
Package of benefits include a competitive salary, Medical PPO Insurance (deductibles and co-insurance are waived for healthcare services received at a the System facility), Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life, Spouse/Dependent Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Program, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Scholarship Program, and various company discounts.
1. Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
2. Must have 3-5 years of nursing management experience within a hospital
3. Must have 5-7 years of experience in area of nursing specialty
4. Must be an Illinois Licensed and Registered Nurse
5. Must have a certification in an area of nursing specialty
6. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/service appropriate to all age(s) of the patients/customers served in the department
7. Must demonstrate excellent learning, thinking, communication, interpersonal, clinical, and organizational skills
8. Must be action oriented and motivated to achieve success
9. Experienced and knowledgeable of Joint Commission standards
The Patient Care Manager is responsible for providing the overall leadership and management of the nursing unit, and for producing successful outcomes and results.
1. Standards. Demonstrates a commitment to exceed expectations by following 12 Standards of Behavior: Attitude; Call Lights; Communication; Sense of Ownership; Appearance; Customer Waiting; Prompt Response; 'Hello' Principle; Elevator Etiquette, Commitment to Co-Workers; Privacy; and Safety.
2. Clinical Outcomes: Identifies ideas and actions to achieve the required clinical outcomes. Measures clinical outcomes and reports trends and areas for improvement. Utilizes advanced strategies and tactics to provide the highest level of clinical outcomes. Practices evidence based medicine and uses clinical research findings to provide excellent clinical nursing care.
3. Quality & Performance Improvement: Identifies ideas, actions, and processes to improve quality, reduce risk, and maintain patient safety. Establishes metric and measurement categories, gathers quality/performance data, analyzes findings, plans improvement actions, and leads the improvement efforts.
4. Customer Service: Maintains excellent customer service. Identifies areas for service improvements. Responds to and resolves all service concerns and complaints. Records and tracks any service issues. Performs patient rounding and ensures that nursing personnel complete daily patient rounding activities.
5. Staff Management: Selects and hires high performing staff members. Designs, delivers, and documents, job specific and department orientation programs. Establishes staff schedules and closely monitors staffing plans and time off. Ensures that the staff function in a productive and efficient work system, and identifies improvements to workflow, to achieve maximum productivity. Monitors staff over-time and ensures that over-time is kept to a minimum. Identifies ideas and actions to improve staff satisfaction and engagement. Creates an environment in which professional and personal growth is an expectation. Ensures that staff complete required education and competency programs. Establishes staff goals and objectives and utilizes effective performance management practices to improve staff performance. Appraises staff performance and provides feedback. Issues corrective action and terminates staff in accordance with policy.
6. Service Line Growth: Identifies ideas and actions to grow patient volumes. Participates in marketing and business development activities to promote services and educate the community.
7. Financial Management: Manages the nursing unit to ensure the financial budget is achieved. Assesses opportunities for cost savings. Effectively manages all resources, supplies, and assets. Ensures that all charges are being captured and that all billing opportunities are obtained. Educate patient care team members on financial implications of patient care decisions. Collaborates closely with Case Management to ensure goals are achieved.
8. Compliance: Ensures that the nursing unit complies with all healthcare regulations, nursing regulations, Joint Commission, and company policies & procedures.
9. Leadership: Provides visionary thinking on issues that affect the nursing unit. Considers the impact of nursing decisions on the health care organization as a whole. Serves as a change agent, assisting others in understanding the importance, necessity, impact, and process of change. Serves as a professional role model and mentor to future nursing leaders.
10. Communication & Relationship Building: Builds trusting, collaborative relationships with staff, peers, other disciplines, ancillary services, physicians, vendors. Builds credibility with physicians as a champion for patient care, quality and nursing professionalism. Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to achieve goals.
11. Healthcare Industry: Maintains knowledge of healthcare delivery models, healthcare economics, and healthcare policy. Educates staff on healthcare industry characteristics, challenges, opportunities, and trends.
12. Information Management: Effectively utilizes database management, decision support, and expert system programs to access information and analyze data from disparate sources for use in planning for patient care processes and systems.
13. When needed, assists nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care, and performs RN duties.
14. Maintains current nursing knowledge and skills.
15. Performs any and all duties needed to ensure that the nursing unit and the organization are successful.
Compensation: DOE (Depending on Experience)
Salary + Benefits
Please submit your resume in word file and must indicate the position code: JNIL-090708a on your subject line and attach your resume.
To submit your resume to: email@example.com with Code: JNIL-090708a
All qualifying candidates will be interviewed by telephone for screening purposes. Succeeding steps will follow to those who will become strong candidate for the position.
When your qualification will not match to all of the requirements of this position, your Resume will be put in our active database for future consideration of any employment opportunity. Thank you.
# # #