JNT Consulting LLC is seeking an experienced Clinical Informatics Analyst III
Position: Clinical Informatics Analyst III
Location: South Carolina
In this role, the candidate will work with end users, internal IT personnel and vendors to define the clinical requirements of the hospital’s system and resolve related problems.
The emphasis will be on developing, maintaining and testing application software and assist in the support, training, and development of clinical software applications throughout the hospital system.
Areas of responsibility will include detail design of application (build tools, content, formats, etc.), requirements definition/specification, implementation and testing of new software, maintenance of existing software, and providing user support.
This position primarily interacts with adults and provides no direct patient care. All staff members must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to meet the physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related needs of the persons in the assigned work area.
1. Current RN License with BS in Nursing (or equivalent experience) is required
2. 3-5 years clinical experience in a Health Care Facility of like size and complexity
3. Minimum of 5 years supporting clinical applications in a hospital setting. Nursing background is required.
4. Effective analytical, problem-solving, and communications skills are required.
5. Experience with front-end report writing software and relational database management systems and Horizon McKesson applications are highly desirable.
6. Must have direct project management experience in implementation of clinical systems.
7. Must be knowledgeable of new trends in clinical practice and information systems, and be able to apply that knowledge in keeping with TRMC’s strategic clinical plan.
8. Physical requirements are primarily related to the essential functions of any job. In order to perform the essential functions of this position, you must be able to stand, walk, use hands, reach, bend, talk and hear.
9. Must be able to lift or exert energy up to 10 pounds 75% of the time and 25 pounds up to 25% of the time.
10. Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less) and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
11. Must possess the ability to read and interpret business or safety manuals, clinical or technical procedures or regulations.
12. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and/or manuals.
13. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, other employees and medical staff.
14. Must possess the ability to perform more complex math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide) to include calculating percentages, averages, volume, ratio and interpreting graphs—using numbers, money and units of measure.
15. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
16. Ability to deal with concrete and abstract concepts and interpret verbal, nonverbal and written instructions
1. Collaborate with Health Care Providers to identify information needs and develop information technology solutions.
2. Analyze existing solutions in collaboration with system users to identify system enhancements.
3. Participate in identification and documentation of Clinical System problems and resolutions. Assumes ownership of problems by following through until resolved.
4. Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues promptly and escalate high risk issues or unresolved issues as needed.
5. Assist with testing and documentation of Information Technology projects as assigned, to include, but not limited to, testing software upgrades and patch releases.
6. Manage and document Information Technology projects as assigned, to include, but not limited to, testing software upgrades and patch releases.
7. Provide support to end users of Clinical Information Systems to include—Physicians, Nursing and Ancillary Staff.
8. Educate super users in Clinical/Physician Information System tools (Physician/Office Staff, as applicable).
9. Assist end users in development of training materials for their respective clinical system.
10. Promote integration of Clinical/Physician Information System tools into current clinical practice.
11. Develop and transition Operations procedures to support new and existing software.
12. Maintain current technical knowledge of the Clinical Information System in combination with nursing practice standards and hospital policy and procedures.
13. Provide first line support to end users of the Clinical Information System for technical support calls. The Track IT system will be utilized to manage these calls.
14. Identifies short and long-range issues and trends that may impact standards of care in the current clinical documentation system and to provide direction in the planning of future documentation.
Compensation: DOE (Depending on Experience)
Salary + Benefits
Please submit your resume in word file and must indicate the position code: JNSC-090526 on your subject line and attach your resume.
To submit your resume please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Code: JNSC - 090526
All qualifying candidates will be interviewed by telephone for screening purposes. Succeeding steps will follow to those who will become strong candidate for the position.
Inquiries about the status of an application are discouraged. When your qualification will not match to all of the requirements of this position, your Resume will be put in our active database for future consideration of any employment opportunity. Thank you.
# # #