Friday, April 3, 2009

USA: Revised I-9 Guideline Takes Effect Today - April 3rd 2009

Today, April 3rd 2009 is the effectivity of the New I-9 Form and Employment Eligibility Verification.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a reminder for all employers that the revised Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (Rev. 02/02/09), goes into effect today. The revision date is printed on the lower right-hand corner of the form.

Employers may no longer use previous versions of the Form I-9.

The revised list improves the security and effectiveness of the Form I-9 process. The list specifies that expired documents are no longer acceptable forms of identification or employment authorization. Allowing for expired documents makes it more difficult for employers to verify an employee’s identity and employment authorization and compromises the Form I-9 process.

The new edition of the Employer's Handbook is available for download at the USCIS website.

Observation:
It is strongly suggested that representatives of hiring employers will understand the new changes for I-9 compliance. Seek the guidance of JNT Consulting LLC for your I-9 compliance if you don't have the necessary competencies in executing them.

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment