JNT Consulting LLC is seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist RU
Position: Occupational Therapist RU
Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our Performance Standards each and every day. Performance Standards include: Safety, Attitude, Responsiveness, Communication, Comfort, Privacy, Appearance, Teamwork, and Accountability.
1. Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals.. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goal Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
2. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner.. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, co-workers and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate direction and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. direction and delegation of the COTA, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Participates in department/facility process improvements. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
1. Must have graduated from an AOTA accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
2. Must possess a current Occupational Therapy license from the State of practice.
3. Requires a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting.
4. Experience include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Occupational Therapist in the specialty area.
5. Current membership with American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
6. Demonstrable clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job.
7. Demonstrable behaviors and competencies to job related experiential questions.
8. Require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting.
9. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Occupational Therapist in the specialty area.
DOE (Depending on Experience)
Salary + Benefits
Please submit your resume in word file and must indicate the position code: JNAZ-091023a on your subject line and attach your resume to an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualifying candidates will be interviewed by telephone for screening purposes. Succeeding steps will follow to those who will become strong candidate for the position.
Inquiries about the status of an application are discouraged. When your qualification will not match to all of the requirements of this position, your Resume will be put in our active database for future consideration of any employment opportunity. Thank you.
# # #