The following are the current members to the Schengen Countries;
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland. These countries are also a part of the European Union Member States.
Bulgaria, Cyprus, Republic of Ireland, Romania and United Kingdom are Members of the European Union, however they are not a Schengen Member at this time.
While Switzerland is now a Schengen Member, the Swiss airports border control will remail in place until March 29, 2009 where its Schengen operation will begin.
There are several changes to visa requirements as an impact to the Schengen Membership of Switzerland.
1. The nationals of the following countries NOW require a visa when entering Switzerland;
- Solomon Islands
- Tobago and
- Barbados and
- St. Kitts-Nevis
4. Third country visa required nationals being alien residents of Andora, Canada, San Marino, USA, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom now require a visa
There are 5 types of Schengen Visa:
- Type A - airport transit visa
- Type B - transit visa
- Type C - short period visa
- Type D - long period national visa
- Type D+C - visa that allows the holder to enter and stay for long term stay at the issuing Schengen state and can travel to other Schengen countries
For questions or inquiries regarding additional information to compliance please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #